from left to right: Me, Justin, and my sister Allyson

Saturday, July 30, 2011

There Is Hope

So just a few minutes ago, I was reading one of my e-mails and found out that the teacher that helped me start this blog has set up a meeting for him and I to attend sometime at the end of August with a group called Parents Of Special Children to try and get a support started  for kids my age with siblings with autism! This is what we have been trying to get accomplished for quite some time now and it looks like all of our hard work is finally paying off. Not only will this be good for me, but will help so many people in my community as well! My prayers have been answered and I owe all of this to Mr. Leece. Without him, none of this would have gotten accomplished and the hole concept of a blog, or even a support group would be nothing but a dream. I am forever in debt to him for this is such a huge step for not only me but everyone who has ever had a dream to start a program but never knew how and never thought that they could do it. Well, to all those people out there who are reading this, you can do it. I was in your shoes once, thinking that the notion of starting something so remarkable would never work, but it looks as if it is working! Never be afraid to chase a dream because you feel as if it is to far-fetched or may never work. Because you will never know until you try (:  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Thank you so much for following my blog - I'm following you now too. What an amazing thing for you to do - and it's so very important! You should be very proud of yourself.

    My son is an only child but I often wonder what he would be like with a sibling and how a sibling would react to him.

    Thank you for giving me some insight. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for following me and for the support. Although i am not a mother of a child with a disability, or any child for that matter, i feel like in some ways the hardships that come with having a disabled person in a family is the fame for a mother or a sibling. Having to deal with the stairs, the whispers, the dirty looks, it all hurts. And its nice to know that there are people out there who understand and live with the same situation on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete